Marriott GiftCard Terms and Conditions
Updated April 2023
The following are the terms and conditions applicable to Marriott GiftCards (the “Terms and Conditions”). Marriott GiftCards (each a “Card” and, collectively, “Cards”) are issued by MI Fulfillment Services, LLC, a Maryland limited liability company (“MIFS”, “we” or “us”). MIFS is an affiliate of Marriott International, Inc. (“Marriott”). The terms “Cardholder”, “you” and “your” refer to the person who purchased the Card and/or the person who is using the Card. The Terms and Conditions govern your use of Cards. By purchasing, accepting or using a Card, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. MIFS may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time at its discretion. MIFS will provide the updated Terms and Conditions by posting the updated Terms and Conditions on this page, and the updated Terms and Conditions will be effective upon posting. The posting of the updated Terms and Conditions will constitute notice to you of the updated Terms and Conditions. Please check back to review the current Terms and Conditions prior to transacting with the Card.
- Cards may be redeemed for stays, as well as at participating retail, spa, golf, and food and beverage outlets, and meetings expenses at hotels operating under the following Marriott brands (collectively, “Eligible Brands”):
- AC Hotels by Marriott®, Aloft®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Courtyard®, Delta Hotels and Resorts®, EDITION®, Element®, Fairfield Inn & Suites®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Gaylord Hotels®, JW Marriott®, Le Méridien®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Marriott Hotels®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Moxy Hotels , Protea Hotels by Marriott®, Renaissance® Hotels, Residence Inn®, Sheraton®, SpringHill Suites®, St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, The Ritz-Carlton, Ritz-Carlton Reserve®, TownePlace Suites®, Tribute Portfolio™, W®, and Westin®
- The following brands in the Marriott portfolio DO NOT accept Cards:
- Bvlgari Hotels and Resorts, Design Hotels™, Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy, The Ritz-Carlton Destination Club®, The Ritz-Carlton Residences, and The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection.
- Unless otherwise indicated, Cards may be redeemed for stays, as well as at participating retail, spa, golf, and food and beverage outlets, and meetings expenses at the All-Inclusive by Marriott Bonvoy® properties identified on https://all-inclusive.marriott.com that operate under one of the Eligible Brands.
- Cards may be redeemed on the following participating retail sites toward the purchase of Marriott retail branded merchandise for U.S. residents only (“Marriott Bonvoy Boutiques”):
- Shopmarriott.com, westinstore.com, sheratonstore.com, collectrenaissance.com, shopcourtyard.com, fairfieldstore.com, ritzcarltonshops.com, stregisboutique.com, curatedbyjw.com, shopedition.com, gaylordhotelsstore.com, luxurycollectionstore.com, WHotelsStore.com and shopfourpoints.com.
- Please note that while Cards are usable at the Eligible Brands and Marriott Bonvoy Boutiques listed above, they may not be usable at non-affiliated third-party establishments that are located within or on the same property as Eligible Brands (e.g., coffee shops, boutiques, etc.). Eligible Brands and Marriott Bonvoy Boutiques are subject to change in MIFS’ sole discretion.
- No photocopies of Cards will be honored.
2. Gift Cards; Restrictions
- Card carries no value until activated. Card is a prepaid card, not a credit card or debit card.
- Cards are issued in United States Dollars; provided, however, that hotels located in Canada and operating under Eligible Brands offer physical Cards for purchase in Canadian Dollars only. If you make a purchase at an establishment in a foreign currency: (a) in the case of Cards issued in U.S. dollars, the purchase price will be converted into U.S. dollars by us or our agents and (b) in the case of Cards issued in Canadian dollars, the purchase price will be converted into Canadian dollars by us or our agents. Unless a particular rate is required by applicable law, you authorize us to choose a conversion rate that is acceptable to us. Currently, the conversion rate we use for a transaction in a foreign currency is no greater than the highest conversion rate identified by us or our agents from customary banking sources on the conversion date or the prior business day. This conversion rate may differ from rates in effect on the day of your transactions. We will not charge a conversion fee for transactions made in foreign currencies.
- Card does not expire.
- Card orders placed online at gifts.marriott.com may be refunded up to 60 days following purchase as long as the purchased Cards have their full value. If Cards have been shipped, the shipping cost is nonrefundable.
- Card is not redeemable for cash in any amount except when otherwise required by applicable law.
- Card becomes inactive upon use of all Card value.
- Card may not be used for deposit, advance purchase or to secure or confirm a reservation.
- Each transaction, including any applicable federal, state or local taxes, will be debited against Card balance. If a transaction exceeds the Card balance, the Cardholder must pay the remaining balance with another payment method.
- Cards cannot be reloaded; resold; exchanged for any other Card; used for payment outside of Eligible Brands and Marriott Bonvoy Boutiques; or used for unauthorized advertising, marketing, sweepstakes, promotional or commercial purposes.
- You agree to not use Cards in any manner that is unlawful, misleading, deceptive, unfair, or otherwise harmful to MIFS, Marriott or their respective customers. MIFS reserves the right, without notice to you, to void or deactivate Cards without a refund, suspend or terminate Cardholder accounts, request alternative forms of payment, suspend or terminate the ability to purchase Cards, cancel or limit orders, and bill alternative forms of payment if we suspect Cards were obtained, used, or associated with a Cardholder account unlawfully, fraudulently, or otherwise in violation of these Terms and Conditions.
- You may not redeem a Card if you are not the intended recipient. An example of when you are the intended recipient is if you received the Card as a gift. You are not the intended recipient if you fraudulently deceived the purchaser into giving or selling you a Card (even if they willingly do so at the time of transfer).
- Due to local regulatory restrictions, Cards may not be distributed to and/or within India.
3. Risk of Loss
- Neither MIFS nor any of its affiliates (collectively, the “Company”) is responsible for any lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed Card, or if any Card is used without your permission.
- The Company will not restore any value on Cards that was lost in any of the foregoing circumstances except as follows:
- Cards must be registered on gifts.marriott.com/login upon receipt.
- If a Card is lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or used without your permission, you must immediately notify the Company by contacting Marriott GiftCards Customer Service or by reporting such activity on the Marriott GiftCards website. Any value remaining on the registered Card, at time reported, will be returned to the registered owner on a new Card. NO REFUNDS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR AMOUNTS DEBITED FROM YOUR CARD BEFORE YOU NOTIFY THE COMPANY. You agree to give MIFS all reasonable information to help make a complete investigation of the loss, theft or unauthorized use of the Card.
- For physical Cards, risk of loss and title pass to the purchaser upon MIFS’ delivery to the carrier. For electronic Cards, risk of loss and title pass to the purchaser upon electronic transmission to recipient. For the avoidance of doubt, such recipient may not always be the original purchaser.
- Cards must be obtained from MIFS or an authorized third party. Cards may not be purchased from an unauthorized third party as we cannot guarantee that they are legitimate. There are a variety of gift card scams that request payment by gift card. An entity or individual that is not operating at an Eligible Brand or Marriott Bonvoy Boutique that is asking for Cards or third-party gift cards as a payment method for goods or services may be a scam. MIFS is not responsible for, and assumes no liability to you for, any unlawful conduct or fraud by any third party associated with any Card.
4. Customer Service
- To check card balance, visit https://gifts.marriott.com/check-balance.
- To view Card transaction history, register Card on gifts.marriott.com/login.
- For Customer Service call +1 800.442.6132 or visit our support site here.
- To report a Card that is lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or used without your permission, visit gifts.marriott.com/login or call Customer Service.
5. Limitation of Liability
- TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO CARDS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, IN THE EVENT A CARD IS NON-FUNCTIONAL, YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND MIFS’ SOLE LIABILITY, WILL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF THAT CARD.
6. Choice of Law and Venue
- Any disputes arising out of or related to the Cards or these Terms and Conditions will be handled individually without any class action, and will be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland, United States, without regard to its conflicts of law rules. The exclusive jurisdiction for any claim or action arising out of or relating to the Cards or these Terms and Conditions may be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the State of Maryland, United States.
7. General Terms
- MIFS reserves the right to institute additional security and verification procedures at the time of Card redemption for fraud prevention and regulatory compliance purposes.
- All Terms and Conditions are applicable to the extent permitted by law. If any of these Terms and Conditions are deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that unenforceable term will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining Terms and Conditions.
Marriott TravelCard Terms and Conditions
Marriott TravelCards carry the same Terms and Conditions as the Cards with the following additions: Marriott TravelCards cannot be applied to group, special corporate/negotiated, catering, associate or other discounted/non-commissionable rates. The Marriott TravelCard cannot be used when reservation is booked by a travel agent or other third-party.