3. Conformance with Law. Your access to and use of the Software and this Site is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
4. Intellectual Property; Content; Reserved Rights. The trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed in the Software and on this Site are the respective property of Supplier or Compass. In the absence of express prior written consent of Supplier or Compass, you may not use any Marks for and purpose, including without limitation, as metatags on other web sites or web pages. All information contained in or displayed by the Software or the Site, including without limitation, any software available on or through the Site (“Content”) is protected by copyright. Without the express prior written consent of Supplier or Compass (or other owner of the copyright for the Content), no one is permitted to copy, modify, download, screen-scrape, distribute, transmit, display, publish, sell, license, use or create a derivative work with respect to, any Content. Supplier, Compass, and all other owners of any intellectual property in or on, or available through the Software or the Site, reserve all rights to such intellectual property to the extent not expressly granted. Zipthru is a trademark owned by Compass or of one of its affiliated companies.
5. Hyperlinks. If this Site contains links to other web sites, Compass is not responsible for the content or other information contained in such linked sites, and disclaims any responsibility for the accuracy or appropriateness of such content or information. Compass prohibits caching, unauthorized hypertext linking to this Site, and the framing of any content available through the Site.
6. No Representation or Warranty. Compass makes no representation or warranty as to the availability, accuracy or completeness of the content of the Software or the Site, and shall not be liable for any damages or injury resulting from user access to or inability to access the Software or the Site or from reliance on any information in either. Nothing contained on this Site should be construed as a promotion or solicitation of an offer for any product or service, or for the use of the same that is not authorized by the laws and regulations of the country where you are located, or whose laws may be applicable.
7. Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER WE, NOR OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AFFILIATES OR OTHERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "PROVIDERS"), WARRANT THAT (i) USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; (ii) THE INFORMATION OR CONTENT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CURRENT; OR (iii) THE SITE AND ITS SERVER ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS.
THE SITE, AND YOUR ACCESS TO IT, IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION GIVEN BY US OR ANY PROVIDER SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE OR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING THE SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) THAT RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE. IN THE EVENT THE DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY, AND ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, FROM AND AGAINST ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, EXPENSES, COSTS, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES AND LIABILITIES THAT ANY OF THEM MAY SUSTAIN ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY INFORMATION OR CONTENT CONTAINED ON THE SITE.
8. Waiver of Class Actions. You the Customer waive, to the fullest extent allowed by law, any right you may have to pursue any claims on a class or consolidated basis or in a representative capacity.
10. Age Restrictions. You may only use the Software and this Site if you are age 18 or older.
11. Notices. If you have any questions or comments about the Software or this Site, or if you believe your personal information has been compromised or stolen as a result of your use of the Software or this Site, then you should contact your local Compass management.
Zipthru Cashless Program
12. The Zipthru card is a cashless payment solution that provides a convenient option to paying cash. You fund your account with a specific dollar value. This dollar value is a pre-payment for purchases in participating Chartwells locations that accept the Zipthru card (“Participating Chartwells Location(s)”).
13. We reserve the right not to accept any Zipthru card or limit use of a Zipthru card if we reasonably believe that the use is unauthorized, fraudulent or otherwise unlawful.
14. You can fund your account with a dollar value by using a credit card or cash by visiting your local Participating Chartwells Location or by going on-line to the Zipthru Site listed on the back of your card. You may not load more than $1000 at a single time. The minimum amount that can be funded is $ 25; there is no maximum amount that can be held on your account. We may change the minimum and maximum amounts at any time by notifying you at the Local Participating Chartwells Location, by e-mail when you fund your account, by phone when you call, or on the Zipthru Site. Such a change shall not constitute an amendment to this agreement. All amounts loaded and maintained on your Zipthru card are denominated in Canadian dollars.
15. For your convenience, you can take advantage of the auto-load feature of your Zipthru card. By linking a credit card to your Zipthru account, you can reload a dollar value onto your account whenever you like. You can set this feature up when you activate your account, through the Zipthru Site. You can set up a specific date to fund your account, the frequency you want funds loaded to your account, or a minimum balance threshold that indicates when more funds should be added. Your credit card will be billed according to the schedule and amount you have selected. An automated e-mail will be sent after each Auto-Load purchase to notify you of the account activity. You may change your auto-reload preferences at any time; however, changes may take up to 24 hours to take effect. You may discontinue the auto-reload feature at any time on-line at the Zipthru Site. You must disable this feature at least 24 hours prior to the next scheduled reload. Once a dollar value is loaded, there is no way that the transaction can be reversed.
16. There are no fees associated with the distribution, activation or use of your Zipthru card.
17. Treat your card like cash. Because you utilize your Zipthru card like cash, you are responsible for all transactions associated with your card, including unauthorized transactions. If you have questions regarding your transaction history or account accuracy, then please contact your local Compass management or consult the Zipthru Site. We shall have no liability for transaction discrepancies unless you provide us notice within sixty (60) days of the date of the transaction in question. If your card is lost or stolen, the card cannot be replaced unless it has been properly registered for balance protection on the Site. Upon notification of a lost or stolen card, we will freeze the remaining balance on your account immediately and the remaining balance will be transferred to the new card; however, we are not responsible for lost or stolen Zipthru cards or any transactions that occur on a lost or stolen card.
18. Zipthru cards have no redeemable value until purchased and activated. Please retain receipts as proof of purchase and reloaded amounts.
19. Cards do not expire and there are no service fees for the user of a card.
20. To check your card balance, click on "Check Balance".
21. To register your card for balance protection, go to “My Account” and click on “Register a New Gift Card”.
22. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, any amount added to a Zipthru card related to a promotional program (“Promotional Funds”) is nonrefundable and not redeemable for cash and may expire at the sole discretion of Compass.
23. Your Consent to Collection and Use of Information; Modification of this Privacy Statement; Method of Opt-Out. By using the Software in order to obtain Products from Compass or for related activities, you consent to the collection and use practices described in this Privacy Statement, as modified from time to time. We reserve the right to modify the terms of this Privacy Statement at any time, effective upon updating this posting. In all cases where you have Opted-in to certain provisions in this Privacy Statement, if you no longer consent to the collection and use of information and wish to Opt-out, you may do so by making your request by phone, in person to your local Compass management at a Participating Chartwells Location or by following the instructions provided in any such message you had agreed to receive.
24. Types of Information We May Collect. “Personally Identifiable Information” is information about you that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as your name and address and other pertinent information. “Transactional Information” is the information the Compass needs to fulfill your Product order. “Aggregate Information” is statistical information collected from you and other Customers, that informs us how Customers are using the Software and any trends in the purchasing of Products.
25. Collection and Use of Information in Different Situations. The type of information we collect and use depends upon your particular situation, which will differ, depending upon how you are using the Software to obtain the Products, as follows:
1. Registration. Registration of your identity may be required for us to deliver some Products and/or Services to you. If you choose to register, then we collect from you the following information:
§ Personally Identifiable Information: We may collect your name, complete street address, telephone number, e-mail address, a username and password selected by you, and other pertinent information. We never collect your social security identification number.
§ Transactional Information: We collect the information about the Compass Products you are ordering identified by location, plus your other instructions, which are stored by the Software. If you choose to pay for your order by a method other than by cash at the point of sale, then we will also collect information necessary for credit or debit card payment.
§ Optional Personal Information: We may collect information that identifies you personally when you submit comments or questions to Compass or to us. We may also give you the opportunity to furnish additional Personal Information about yourself such as your Product preferences. Providing this additional Personal Information is completely voluntary, and when the Software requests such information, you will be given the choice to Opt-in, or not to furnish
this additional information.
2. Option Not to Register. If the Software offers you the option to register your identity and you choose NOT to register your identity when placing your order, then unless we advise you otherwise, we will collect only Transactional Information, and not any of the Personally Identifiable Information described above under the Registration Option. If you are not physically located at the point of Product sale when placing your order, you will be required to furnish credit or debit card payment information at the time of making the order (whether or not you are planning to pay cash at point of sale) in order to secure your timely performance of your obligation as Customer to pick up and pay for your order.
3. Aggregate Information. When you access this Software, we collect Aggregate Information about you and your use of the Software, which is implemented through one or more private intranet Sites operated by Supplier or Compass, and in some cases, by your access to our Sites with your browser via the Internet, from remote locations at home or at work. In addition to your page view activity within our Sites, we may collect site traffic statistics on your browser and operating system type, and entry points and exit points from referring domains. When you surf the web, your computer is automatically assigned an IP address, which is automatically logged by our Site when you login to our servers. This traffic information and the purchases that result from referrals is aggregated, and not tied to individual Product orders. This means that, without correlation to other sources of information, this Aggregate Information will not generally serve to personally identify you. We may store and compile, publish, report, sell or otherwise externally disclose or use any Aggregate Information that does not personally identify you. If we do correlate any Aggregate Information to your identity for our internal purposes, our use and disclosure of will be subject to all the same restrictions upon information about you described in Paragraph 30 of this Privacy Statement.
4. Cookies. Cookies are small text files that a web server can create and place on a user’s computer when not prevented by preference settings in the users browser. A cookie does not read content or information on the users computer, but the server originally placing it can subsequently retrieve the contents of the cookie itself, including information on other websites visited in the meantime. We may use session cookies to enhance navigation within our Site during the session of your visit to the Site, but these cookies do not survive the end of your visit, and thus provide us no information about other websites visited between visits to our Site. You may adjust your remote browser not to accept cookies but in some cases the Software or Site may function less effectively or deny access to you.
26. Restricted Use of Information About You. We use, sell, or disclose information about you (Personally Identifiable Information, Aggregated Information and Other Personal Information) only as disclosed in this Privacy Statement:
1. Disclosure of Personal Identifiable Information. We do not sell or externally disclose Personal Identifiable Information about any Customer of Compass to any other person or entity except to Compass, unless:
§ The Customer consents to such sale or disclosure;
§ It is required by law or in response to lawful subpoena or court order;
§ It is required to enforce our collection rights or defend property of ours, of our Compass, or of Customers of Compass; or
§ If we believe in good faith that disclosure without delay is required to reduce the risk of death or grave personal injury.
2. Transactional Information. We and Compass may use your Transactional Information to complete the processing of your order of Compass Product, the processing of payments for your order, and to provide you reports and summaries of Product you have purchased. We may disclose Transactional Information to third party providers, suppliers, consultants, professional advisors and contractors who perform services on our behalf, but only to the extent necessary for them to perform such services. At times, we may seek to validate the Transactional Information we have collected via an audit by a third party designed to determine the accuracy of and/or to update the information collected.
3. Internal Analysis and Promotion. Compass may use information about you for our own internal business, marketing and promotional analysis, and may outsource such internal activity to third party agents who agree to comply with the terms of this Privacy Statement.
4. Opt-in; Direct Communication With You for Marketing and Promotion; Opt-Out. We only send you marketing and promotional materials if you explicitly ask to receive these (you “Opt-in”). If you Opt-in, we may use information about you to communicate directly with you for marketing and promotion, and may outsource such marketing and promotion activity to third party agents who agree to comply with the terms of this Privacy Statement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you no longer wish to receive direct communication from us, from Compass, or from our agents for marketing and promotion purposes, you may Opt-Out in the manner provided in Paragraph 25 of this Privacy Statement.
27. Access. If you have exercised the Registration Option described in paragraph 27.a of this Privacy Statement, you may view, change or delete information about you in your personal account with Compass by logging into Site and following the instructions. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your personal account and password and for restricting access to your computer and personal account, and you accept full responsibility for all activities that occur under your personal account or password. Compass reserves the right to terminate your personal account at any time and for any or no reason.
28. Security. Whereas perfect security is not achievable, we have conducted a risk assessment process, and have implemented security precautions commensurate with that risk, to protect the Personally-Identifiable Information about you from unauthorized access or misuse. We have implemented an industry-standard secure website, using Secure Socket Layers (SSL) to construct a secure pipe between your browser and our Site, following your authentication of our Site certificate. The password you use to access your personal information under the preceding paragraph 29 is stored in our Site and/or our Supplier’s Site in industry-standard hashed format to reduce the risk of compromise through external hacking.